Who has ever turned down a batch of cookie dough? Yep, that's right, nobody. We set out on a mission to create some irresistible cookie dough that uses our Protein Balls but is also vegan, gluten free and free of refined, un-natural ingredients.
As always, Amy has pulled through and these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bars are TO DIE FOR. You heard me, I repeat: TO DIE FOR. Give them a go and you'll never look back...!
What you need:
- 200g dates, pitted weight
- 250g oats
- 60g peanut butter
- 4 tbsp (60g) maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1.5 packs Peanut Butter Protein Balls, chopped in 1/4
- 50g chocolate chips
- 100g chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 30g runny peanut butter
- 1.5 packs Peanut Butter Protein Balls, chopped
What you need to do:
- Soak the dates in boiling water for 10 minutes and then drain.
- Line a loaf tin (approx. 10 x 20cm) with parchment paper.
- Add the oats to a food processor and blitz to a flour. Remove from the processor and add to a bowl. Now add the dates, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla and salt to the processor and blend until really jammy and sticky. Add in the oat flour and blend to a sticky, thick dough. Tip into the bowl.
- Chop 1.5 packs Peanut Butter Protein Balls into ¼ and add to the dough mixture with the chocolate chips. Fold the balls and chocolate into the dough, using a spoon or your hands as it’s quite thick!
- Pour into the lined tray and press down firmly to form an even layer. Pop in the fridge.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil and pour over the base layer. Spoon over the peanut butter and swirl through with a knife to form a pattern. Chop the remaining Peanut Butter Balls and decorate the top of the bars. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Using a sharp knife, slice into 8 bars. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.