These delicious and healthier Peanut Butter Spider Cookies made with creamy peanut butter and protein balls are perfect Halloween Treat! They are easy to make and perfect to snack on or as a sweet dessert when your sweet tooth cravings hits!
Our incredible recipe developer Barbara has nailed these!
What you'll need:
- 75 g vegan butter
- 130 g creamy peanut butter
- 40 g light brown sugar
- 30 g white sugar
- 100 g whole wheat flour/plain flour
- 1 egg/flax egg
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 12 The Protein Ball Co Plant-Protein Balls
- Chocolate (for drizzling)
- Eyes (for topping)
What you need to do:
- Preheat your oven to 175c and line a tray with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugars, butter and peanut butter until creamy.
- Beat in the egg until well combined, then fold through the whole wheat flour.
- Once your mixture has come together to form a cookie dough like consistency, scoop out portions of your mixture using a cookie scoop and place these onto your baking tray.
- Gently press down on each of the cookies to flatten.
- Pop these into the oven to bake for around 12 minutes, until golden.
- Once cookies are done, press in the middle of cookies to create a small hole for the protein ball.
- Melt the chocolate and dot a small amount of melted chocolate into the cavity of each cookie.
- Place the Protein Ball into the cavity of each cookie.
- Squeeze two tiny dots of melted chocolate onto each Protein Ball and attach the candy eyes. Repeat for all of the cookies.
- Next, pipe 6 legs onto each cookie and allow the chocolate on the cookies to set for at least 30 minutes before serving.