We’re all about tasty treats that are (bake)well delicious around here! We’ve had some fun and today we’re bringing you these delicious, fudgy, Cherry Bakewell Blondies, made with none other than our Cherry Bakewell Protein Balls.
Our yummy Protein Balls add a fruity, chewy twist to these delightful bites! Remember to share your recreations with us on Instagram to be in with the chance of winning a box of your favourite flavour!
What You’ll Need:
- 8 The Protein Ball Co Cherry Bakewell Protein Balls
- 220g Vegan unsalted butter
- 300g soft light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 70g ground almonds
- 120g plain flour
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 100g white chocolate
- 50g flaked almonds
- 150g cherry jam
- Start by preheating the oven to 180. Grease and line a square baking tin with baking paper.
- Add the butter and sugar into a large saucepan and melt over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once the sugar has dissolved, leave the mixture to one side to cool for a few minutes.
- Whisk the eggs together with both of the extracts.
- In another bowl, mix together the ground almonds, flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt together. Gently fold into the melted butter mixture and the egg mixture.
- Once well combined, stir in the white chocolate, protein balls and flaked almonds before transferring into the baking tin.
- Add a few spoonfuls of the cherry jam on top and swirl, sprinkle a few almonds on top too before popping into the oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Once cooked, serve up and enjoy!