We all know that feeling after a Christmas + New Year filled with party food, booze + chocolate. You start to feel a bit sluggish + are in need of having a bit of a detox in January to clear away the toxins consumed over the festive period.
With that in mind, our founder Hayley has created a protein ball recipe that is sure to make you feel calm, nourished and ready to start the New Year right! Her Ginger + Lemon detox protein balls have all the goodness of honey, chia seeds + ginger to rejuvenate you. So get in the kitchen and started making these raw protein balls.
4 pitted medjool dates
1 level tbsp nut butter
1 tsp chopped cashews
1 level tbsp protein powder
1/2 tsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp honey
Roll in desiccated coconut
1. Pit and break up the medjool dates and add them to a bowl
2. Add the chopped cashews, nut butter, chia seeds, grated ginger, lemon juice, honey + protein powder of your choice
3. Now it’s time to start mixing! Squash all of the ingredients in the bowl with your hands until they are all mixed together and soft to touch
4. Break off small pieces of the mixture and roll into 10 balls
5. Decorate by rolling them in desiccated coconut and enjoy!